The Ethical Company Organisation‘s best-selling Good Shopping Guide has been turned into an app, using its ethical product research devoid of corporate greenwashing. The app retails for just under $6.00 US and features:
- Over 700 famous brands are ranked in 72 product-specific league tables under the 7 main sections of Food & Drink, Health & Beauty, Travel, Energy, Fashion, Home & Office and Money
- Detailed research tables and chapters of text for 72 specific product categories across 15 different ethical criteria
- Ethical Company Index scores give an overall ‘ethical rating’ to easily identify the best performing brands/companies
- Easy-view summary table shows ‘the good, the bad and the ugly’ brands within each product category
- In-depth editorial support within each section, giving information on the ethical issues involved in each product area
The Good Shopping Guide Ethical Shopping App in association with Friends of the Earth (who receive 10% of net revenue), contains 10 years of comprehensive research by The Ethical Company Organisation and is a must for anyone wanting to support the most ethical brands through their purchasing decisions.
“Despite the recession more and more people want products and services that don’t trash the planet – but don’t have much time to investigate the best options. The new app provides quick and reliable advice when you’re out and about – and helps raise vital funds for Friends of the Earth work to ensure a thriving environment for everyone.” – Andy Atkins, Friends of the Earth’s Executive Director